HND in Information Technology
The programme, which is at academic levels 4 and 5 is designed to equip students for employment in a range of computing environments by providing a broad base of knowledge and skills. The programme blends two key aspects of Computing: IT technical implementation and the human factors of information systems.
The Diploma comprises 12 modules. There are 200 learning hours associated with each module (12 modules of 20 CAT points each X 200 hours per module = 2,400 learning hours in total).
- Computer Networks
- Computer Systems
- Office Solutions Development
- Skills for Computing
- Software Development Techniques
- Analysis, Design and Implementation
- Computing Project
- Database Design and Development
- Information Systems Analysis
- Network Security and Cryptography
- Professional Issues in IT